Every week during the Lockdown, W Yorks HPS member Kathy Howard will produce a horticultural quiz to keep our minds fresh. The answers (no cheating please!) will be published alongside the following week’s quiz questions.
For answers to Quiz TWELVE, click here
Below are dictionary definitions of common gardening tasks .. can you name the tasks?
1. Break up and move earth with a tool or machine, or with hands, paws, snout. (3 letters)
2. Plant (seed) by scattering it on or in the earth. (3 letters)
3. Breed specimens of (a plant or animal) by natural processes from the parent stock. (9 letters)
4. Trim (a tree, shrub, or bush) by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems, especially to encourage growth. (5 letters)
5. Separate into parts. (6 letters)
6. Cut (grass) with a motorized trimmer. (5 letters)
7. Remove faded flowers from (a plant). (8 letters)
8. Keep safe from harm or injury. (7 letters)
9. Put into the ground so that it can grow. (5 letters)
10. Collect or obtain (a resource) for future use. (7 letters)